Do you have a passion for creating innovative web experiences? Are you motivated by beautiful typography, whiz-bang animations, edgy design or a seamless user experience? If so, we’re looking for you!
Linchpin is seeking a creative, passionate Senior Web Designer to join our team. This highly motivated individual should have the experience and skills necessary to create innovative, responsive web solutions for our vast array of clientele. They should excel in a collaborative team environment and be comfortable presenting to internal teams and clients. Applicants should have a deep understanding of user interface, user experience and responsive web design concepts, with the ability to interpret high-level ideas and requirements, translating them into forward thinking designs and interactions.
Linchpin is a digital agency that thrives on a collaborative approach, with a strong belief in self motivation and growth. We are a group of hard-working designers and developers, dreamers and engineers, planners and problem solvers dedicated to crafting memorable websites to help our partners grow. Our small but nimble team allows everyone to have the opportunity to make a significant impact with a deep commitment to our clients’ and our company’s long-term success.
Required Qualifications & Skills
- 4+ years of experience as a digital creative professional creating responsive web design solutions.
- Strong creative passion and enthusiasm for visual strategy with an impeccable attention to detail.
- Understanding of information architecture and ability to restructure a website’s site map for improved usability.
- Knowledge of user experience best practices across devices.
- Proficient in Adobe’s Creative Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Experience Design. Knowledge or experience with Sketch, AfterEffects or other software is a plus.
- Eager to learn new tools or practices.
- Ability to provide feedback and receive critique from design team members and clients, while also receiving critique and feedback as needed.
- Strong organization, time management and communication skills with a strong work ethic that promotes self management.
- Must be able to work both independently and collaboratively with a team as an adaptable team player.
- Work closely with Project Manager and Lead Designer to understand project scope and requirements.
- Execute all phases of our design process from a project’s inception through to the launch phase, with roles including content strategy/content auditing, information architecture, wireframing, visual strategy, user experience, asset production and quality assurance.
- Collaborate with the design and development teams, as well as our copywriters, using an iterative agile process to deliver a successful solution that effectively achieves the project’s goals and requirements within budget and on time.
- Conceptualize and create thought-provoking, visually stimulating original designs and that push boundaries and explore exciting visual solutions, while reinforce a streamlined user experience.
- Clearly communicate the ideas and concepts that inform your design decisions to internal teams and clients. Validate design decisions with research and data as needed, while incorporating design direction and feedback from peers and stakeholders.
- Efficiently manage and track time, while working on multiple projects at a given time in a deadline-driven environment.
- Help to establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards.
- Remain up to date with current, relevant knowledge of design trends, techniques and technologies.
Great to Have…
- Understanding of responsive web development practices, specifically based on the Foundation framework.
Experience working with or designing for WordPress websites.
- Ability to write basic HTML/CSS in a program such as CodePen.
- Experience in optimizing visual assets for web production, such as creating icon fonts, exporting imagery.
- Experience using InVision moodboards and prototypes to present work and demonstrate usability.
- Experience working in an agile process.
Applicants will only be considered with at least 4+ years of professional web design experience and a portfolio of original designs to share. Portfolio examples should demonstrate your knowledge in user experience and portray a strong creative ability.
Know someone who might be a good fit for this position? Please share this position with them!